Default Judgement Removal – No Win No Fee
To remove a default judgement from your credit report you will need to apply to the Court
A default judgement is a court judgement that usually results from you not filing a defence within the required time, in response to a claim. A default judgement will ordinarily be listed in your credit report and may prevent you from obtaining credit in the future.
There are numerous circumstances where the process carried out by the creditor or its lawyer to obtain default judgement has not complied with the legislative and procedural requirements. In these circumstances our Credit Repair Lawyers may be able to apply to the Court to have the default judgement set aside and its listing removed from your credit report.
In other circumstances, the Court may look sympathetically upon your application to have the default judgement set aside, especially if there are mitigating circumstances why you did not file a defence within the required time.
The quicker you apply to the Court to set aside a default judgement, the better your prospects will be.
Setting aside a default judgement is a legal process that requires experience in drafting court documents and understanding the merits of your case. Usually, it will also require negotiation with the credit who has obtained the default judgement or their lawyer. In considering whether to set aside a default judgement, the Court will consider:
- If you have a good reason for failing to file a defence
- The time taken to file the application to set aside the default judgement
- Your conduct and whether you have shown good faith in your dealings with the creditor and the Court
- Whether you have a reasonable defence to the claim or have paid the amount claimed
- If the creditor consents or if costs will be sufficient compensation for the creditor
This is a complex area of law that can have a significant impact upon your ability to obtain finance in the future. We believe it deserves the attention of a fully qualified lawyer.
By working with us:
- You’ll know if your default judgement has been correctly obtained or has good prospects of being set aside
- You’ll be able to instruct us to apply to the Court on your behalf to have the default judgement set aside
- You won’t need to attend Court or deal with the creditor or their lawyers
- We’ll seek the best possible outcome for your credit report, whatever the challenge
We can help you set aside a default judgement and get it removed from your credit report.
The skills and experience of our Credit Repair Lawyers means that we are able to their knowledge to work towards the best possible outcome for you.