Intellectual Property Law
Certus Legal Group has experience in helping clients to:
- secure the protection of their intellectual property;
- manage and commercialise their intellectual property; and
- enforce their intellectual property rights against infringement.
We can assist with:
- trade mark registration, opposition, assignment, enforcement and licensing;
- copyright licensing, enforcement and licensing;
- trade practices issues; and
- confidentiality and trade secrets.
You don’t have to be a software developer, inventor or artist to have intellectual property rights. Indeed many businesses overlook the value of their intellectual property to their detriment. Certus Legal Group can assist you to recognise and leverage this value. Our lawyers have worked with clients to:
- purchase software source code from a software developer;
- purchase and assign trade marks from another business;
- register trade marks with IP Australia;
- pursue trade mark infringement enforcement on behalf of the trade mark owner;
- draft an agreement for the employer of software developers to ensure ownership of the intellectual property rights was appropriately assigned;
- advise on allegations of trade mark infringement made by a multinational against a small business; and
- setup company structures to protect intellectual property from potential claims by third parties.