Internet Law is broad area of practice that covers many areas of law and regulation, including areas such as intellectual property, privacy and commercial law.
Certus Legal Group’s lawyers have unique experience in the many divergent ways in which the internet can affect both online businesses and those with more traditional models. Our interest in information technology means we can understand the technical aspects of clients’ businesses and gain an in-depth appreciation of their needs.
Certus Legal Group can assist with:
- online defamation;
- internet contracts and the Electronic Transactions Act;
- spam and online marketing;
- online gaming laws and regulation;
- website terms and conditions;
- domain name disputes;
- internet use policies;
- jurisdictional issues;
- online payment systems; and
- e-commerce and online businesses.
As the internet plays an ever increasing role in modern business, we have worked with clients to:
- complete transactions to sell and purchase domain name portfolios;
- challenge defamatory comments made in an online forum;
- draft clickwrap agreements for the online sale of goods and services;
- advise on online marketing campaigns;
- advise on international online gaming laws and regulations;
- advise on the regulation of online payment systems in an Australian and international context;
- draft an internal internet use policy for use within a company human resources manual; and
- advise on the possible termination of an employee for the incorrect use of the internet.