Technology is a part of nearly everything we do. As such, it is a practice area that covers a wide breath of law and regulation and crosses into areas such as commercial law and intellectual property law.
Certus Legal Group can assist with:
- IT contracts in relation to hardware, software, information management, services or consultants;
- transactions involving procurement, development, maintenance, outsourcing, support, upgrade, installation and licensing;
- telecommunications issues;
- mobile and internet content;
- ISP related issues;
- hosting provider issues;
- electronic payment systems;
- technology aspects of commercial transactions; and
- IT contract dispute resolution.
Our lawyers have worked with clients to:
- advise on SMS premium content;
- draft hosting agreements;
- draft hardware support and maintenance agreements;
- advise on the impact of foreign laws on Australian-based content providers;
- analyse legal risks associated with electronic payment systems;
- manage digital security standard audits; and
- advise on and draft policies and procedures to meet ISO and industry specific standards.